The Olympics

The Olympics

Text

News, information and stories about the Olympics.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Olympics Pest Barred

A former priest, who disrupted the 2004 Olympics, has been banned from going anywhere near this year's London Marathon.

Neil Horan, who jumped out in front of the lead runner in the men's marathon in Athens, was served with an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (ASBO)to ensure he does not disrupt the London event on 17 April.

Horan was defrocked in January, as a result of his stunts, which have led to him ending up in prison.

He was dressed in a brown kilt, green waistcoat and green tam-o'-shanter, as he represented himself yesterday at Camberwell Magistrates' Court.

He said:

"I have taken the Bible to the world stage on two great sporting events. I won’t need to do it a third time because the gospel requires me to do it just twice..I am quite happy to declare that my public mission is over in that sense."

Outside court he said:

"I think these great events were actually picked for me by the hand of God. I am delighted that I was able to use them to spread my message."

No comments:

Post a Comment