Following the hastily arranged and much hyped meeting today between ROK and North Korea, it has been agreed that North Korea will attend the Winter Olympics in PyeongChang (9 February - 25 February 2018) and that they will march in with the ROK team.Classic media scrum in #Seoul. Uni. Minister Cho Myoung Gyon swarmed. Cho’s car swarmed as he gets in. Cho followed all the way to the #DMZ on live TV. Cho will lead South in inter-Korean talks from 10a, local. First high-level talks in more than 2 yrs #통일부 #남한 #북한 #한국 pic.twitter.com/GWn7tZ5Uco— Bruce Harrison (@brucesbeat) January 8, 2018
As to whether this actually comes to fruition, we shall see.#breaking North Korea to send high-ranking delegation & cheering team to the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, will walk with South Korea in opening ceremony. South Korea proposes reunion of divided families around the Lunar New Year on Feb 16. - Yonhap & Reuters— Will Ripley (@willripleyCNN) January 9, 2018
There are ample opportunities for things to blow this off course eg:
- North Korea performs one of its usual provocations
- The USA decides not to postpone its military exercises
- The USA boycotts the Games
- The USA enacts a pre emptive strike
- People start asking too many questions about who is paying for the North Korean delegation (they never pay their way).
www.olympicsdiary.com brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"