The Olympics

The Olympics

Text

News, information and stories about the Olympics.

Friday, August 6, 2004

Greedy, Gutless Meanmindedness

In a crushingly meanminded and gutless act, my third party on line store provider has disbarred me from selling my "Big Fat Olympics" T shirts, as they contain the word "Olympics".



It seems that they are worried that the use of the word "Olympics" may upset the International Olympic Committee (IOC), who are desperately seeking ways to milk this event for every penny that they can get their hands on.



I would make a small point here, the word "Olympics" is used in the media on a regular basis; are they asking each paper, TV and radio station that use the word to pay a fee everytime the word "Olympics" is used?



I regard this as absolutely pathetic.



If anyone out there with more brains and balls than my current shop provider, would like to host my T shirt emporium please feel free to drop me a line.



In the meantime I will redesign my T shirts to exclude the word Olympics, oops said it again!...



Please feel free to come up with suggestions for an alternative wording that excludes the word "Olympics", I will; be keeping the Owl design.



Note, there is one product remaining in my Olympic store if you are interested you can see it at www.theolympicswarehouse.com



In other news, it appears that the street signs being erected in Athens for the forthcoming Olympics (oops there I go again, I am not meant to use that word!!!) are pointing the wrong way.



That should help the Athens traffic flow!



On the environmental front, Athens authorities are praying for some summer winds to blow the smog and pollution away from the city; if there is no wind, there is a risk that the athletes may have a little trouble breathing.



No comments:

Post a Comment